Sunday, September 2, 2012

Julie Surprise: Nostalgic Snacktime

Even as a young kid I used to like experimenting with food. I remember a day when I asked my Mom to make me a peanut butter cheese and lettuce sandwich. She thought it was strange but she made it just the same. Surprisingly tasty that one. Now that I think about it, I think it must have been inspired by this book. A definite childhood favorite of mine.

Another favorite sandwich of mine was peanut butter banana, and after a time I invented the variation of peanut butter raisin. I think by the time I had come up with this I was in my tweens and making my own lunch. Ants on a log were another regular treat. So, it was only a matter of time before I came to this little beauty.
It's basically ants on a log but with a banana instead. I used to call it a banana sausage when I was young because I would eat it like a sausage with a knife and fork. Now that I'm older I'm thinking that name has to go. Looking at that first image there, the only thing that comes to mind is Monkey's Smile. Ha, ha.
My girls love posing while they eat. :}

No comments:

Post a Comment