Saturday, January 1, 2011

Starting out Fresh

My amazing cousin Naturally Meg posted a recipe recently for Green Smoothies.
I think this is not only a great idea in and of itself, but for me it means one more way to get through a bag of spinach beside making salads. I love my salads but the hubs doesn't go crazy for them and eating a whole bag of spinach practically all by myself before it gets yucky has been a challenge for me. This is an awesome solution to that problem and also gives me yet another breakfast idea. We've given up on cold cereal over at our house (to save one milk and money in general) and as a result have been eating a lot of waffles, eggs & toast and the like. I try to do oatmeal but sometimes I just have a hard time eating something that heavy in the morning. This sounds so refreshing it makes me giddy for breakfast time. Click the photo to see the recipe. Enjoy, and have a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. That is a fabulous idea! I will have to keep this in mind!

    ReplyDelete