Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Homemade Christmas Gifts: Taggie Blanket

Knowing that I was going to have a baby before or at least close to Christmas this year, I thought that it would be fair to plan on giving gifts to and from my new baby, despite the fact that she is completely oblivious at this point. But a newborn baby doesn't need much more than food, diapers and a place to sleep so one of the only things I could really think of to give her was a taggie blanket. My mother in law had made one for Lilly when she was a baby. I had actually been planning to make one myself back then but after she did it, there didn't seem to be much need. Now however, I figured it was a good time to try making one myself to give to my new baby.
I wasn't sure about doing it in Christmas colors at first, but since I had left over material from Lilly's Strawberry shortcake costume and tons of red and green ribbons collected over the past few years, it just seemed to make sense. Especially because my red material is satin-like and the green is flannel, which are the types of fabrics taggies are usually made of. So yeah, it just made sense to use those things if I didn't want to have to go buy anything new for such a little project.
So here it is! I think it turned out pretty well.
I'm thinking since I have such a collection of ribbon I may want to put these on Etsy too and let people commission me to make them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment