Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tips for Cooking with Garlic (and Onion)

Add garlic immediately to a recipe if you want a light taste of garlic and at the end of the recipe if your want a stronger taste of garlic.

Julie Notes: A tip for getting the garlic smell off your hands when using fresh garlic is to wash your hands with salt as well as the soap you normally use. This really works well! And it works for onion smell too!

Also, my Mother always keeps her onions in the fridge because a cold onion will not make you cry as much as a warm/room temperature one.

I like to keep mine at room temperature because with my contacts in, they don't make me cry, but sometimes if I am wearing my glasses and I think of it, I'll stick an onion in the fridge a couple of hours before I start making dinner so it will be chilled by the time I chop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment